Men don’t look after their health unless they have to. We want to change that from the ground up. We are building the global destination for men's health, scaling at an incredible pace and leading the charge to help improve the lives of men everywhere. We started from the UK, then expanded to Brazil and are currently looking to bring our product to many more people across the world.
We’re destigmatising how men approach their health by offering easy access to diagnostics, a holistic range of treatments, ongoing care and medical advice, as well as a community to help men proactively improve their health and wellbeing. A place that didn't exist until now.
After a $30 million Series A round from the US and Europe's top investors that have also invested in Peloton, Oatly, Deliveroo and Farfetch, we are on a mission to build one of the most impactful teams in the healthcare space. We are looking for incredibly ambitious, entrepreneurial, driven and fun people to join us as we accelerate our growth and expansion.
This is an exciting time to join the UK's fastest-growing men's health destination and help supercharge our mission.
What you'll do
We are looking for an experienced Front-End Engineer to join our fully remote tech team with members in Greece, South Africa, Serbia, Nigeria and Spain, with a passion for creating beautiful and easy to use features and solving interesting problems. As a key member of our team you will have the chance to make a direct impact to the business by shaping the direction of our front-end technology stack and contributing to our back-end development processes.
Our frontend is based on React v16. Our technology stack includes Redux, Server-side rendering, a Webpack dev server with hot reloading, Sass pre-processor, protractor testing framework, and we use CircleCI and Heroku for our CI.
Our backend is based on PHP with the Symfony 4 MVC framework & the Sylius e-commerce framework and we utilize a cloud-based infrastructure in Heroku and AWS. We love microservices, agile development and experimenting with new technologies.
Among others, your role would include:
● Building new product features for both our customers and our operations teams
● Work closely with product managers, designers and backend engineers in order to create innovative and usable solutions
● Helping shape the technical direction - we are still a young company, and your choices will become the building blocks of our infrastructure
● Good working knowledge of at least one version control software (Git, SVN, Mercurial etc.)
● Strong focus on performance
Nice to haves
● Creativity and a sense for good design and user experience
● Backend programming experience in PHP, Python, Ruby or similar and at least one object oriented web framework (preferably but not necessarily Symfony, Silex or Laravel)
● Extremely competitive salary based on experience (+ equity)
● Ownership of goals and a direct impact to the business
● Being one of the first team members in one of the most promising startups in the consumer space
● A fun and friendly working environment with sharp and motivated co-workers
● 25 days holiday + bank holidays